Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig
Registration date : 2006-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:44 am

Hey everyone!

It's been such a long time since I've made a micro or posted, but I had a minor surgery and have been home from work for a few days, so I've had a lot of free time on my hands. These didn't come out that great, especially the first two. They weren't easy, with the non-traditional body types. I hadn't seen any other versions of these characters, so I figured I'd give them a try.

Spyne and Deadbolt from the Dark Riders (recently ressurrected in tomorrow's X-Force)

These next ones are of Tangerine from Marvel UK. The first two are from her appearance in Excalibur back in the 90s, the Days of Future Tense story. The others are from her recent, brief appearance in Captain Britain and MI13. She only appears in CB&MI13 with this weird helmet thing on (which I tried to make but obviously didn't do a good job of it). I made her with reddish hair and then a more orange hair color and with and without the helmet in the new version.

Credit to Iceman (I think) for the fire effect on Deadbolt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:07 am

Grat stuff, welcome back

Thanks to all those how have made me avvies.... those I could fit on this and those I couldn't.
My micros are my own. I credit all those I borrow from, I expect the same policy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercy

Male
Taurus Buffalo
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Great that you are backe, cool micros,
please feed us with your style.
I loves Deadbolt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rom
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness

Male
Taurus Horse
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:05 pm

amazing stuff my friend
and that's great to see you finally back here

so now keepd doing micros

for the feedback
I really impressed by your deadbolt
it's really well done and personnally I will nerver try to make a skeleton micro
so a big BRAVO for that

spyne is great to and I'm very glad that finally someone take time to make tangerine as she appeared in Excalibur
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks guys!

Rom - I just used a skeleton template for Deadbolt and made changes to the skull. I did not make that body, haha. No way I could have done that.

I'm working on another (not a skeleton) so hopefully more to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mythu7

Male
Scorpio Pig
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Nice work and I'm glad your back!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/mythu7/
Anth
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness

Male
Cancer Monkey
Registration date : 2006-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Really cool update Pared!

pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Pared's Gallery - update pg 9 Xavier Institute students   Wed May 12, 2010 5:37 am

So - my buddy Rom told me to buy OHOTMU vol. 13 because of the extensive article on the Xavier Institute. Well, it inspired me to make micros again because you all know how I love making obscure students. Here's the first four I've made from the list. I'm hoping to make them in some costumes eventually too.

First is Robert Zepheniah aka Mentat, Frida Rivera aka Contact, Natalie Wood aka Elf, and Greg Carlson aka Skylark. I added wings to Skylark because his power is "arms transform into wings."

What do you guys think? These were some of the easier students. Others, like Cryptid or Protozoa are going to be a bit harder.

(credit to Spaz for Mentat's, Elf's and Skylark's hair)

Last edited by pared2 on Wed May 12, 2010 7:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necroleaf

Male
Gemini Snake
Registration date : 2006-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 am

Hey Pared, nice comback!!
these random X-students look great
Well done amigo!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://obscurasolis.wordpress.com/
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed May 12, 2010 6:21 am

Very nice!
I know that Anth has received his version of the handbook, and mine is on the way, so I'm looking forward to seeing more from this publishing

Thanks to all those how have made me avvies.... those I could fit on this and those I couldn't.
My micros are my own. I credit all those I borrow from, I expect the same policy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed May 12, 2010 6:54 am

Thanks Necro & Spaz!!

Spaz - I'm glad you and Anth will both have the handbook! Now you guys can make much better versions of these characters.

Btw, these are the reference images I used. I don't have a scanner so I just took pictures of the actual comics with my camera.

Also - I can't change the title of my gallery! Someone help!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercy

Male
Taurus Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed May 12, 2010 10:02 am

Great new micros
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rom
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness

Male
Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 pm

amazyng update love them alllllllllll
I'm so happy you all get this issue of the OHOTMU
I love the x-students and I can't wait to see all of you guys make them
but a BIG BRAVO to my good friend Pared for making them first and so greatly
love the ELf face and the affro/Mentat guy a lot!!!!

I want to do some of them but my old issues of comics are in South of France Crying or Very sad
anyway keepd doing them buddie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Sun May 16, 2010 12:43 am

Thanks Mercy!

Rom - Thanks buddy. It had been so long since I'd made a micro but you found my weak spot. Still, I'm taking on the easy ones first. There are some tough ones in that book.

Here's two more...Anne Moore aka Lipid and Katie Atkinson aka Iolanthe from X-Men Unlimited #10.

Credit to Spaz for the hair and parts of Lipid's dress.

Also - a sidenote from the students, I was working on this a while back and never quite got it right so I didn't post it. I'm still not happy with it, but it's the best I can do for now. Here's Killpower from Marvel UK.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rom
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness

Male
Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 am

amazing students
very very great
and killpower isn't bad at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mercy

Male
Taurus Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Sun May 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Best killpower i have ever seen, great students,
cnt wait to see them all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Sun May 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks Rom and Mercy!

Mercy - I've never seen any other Killpower so that's why I made it. I'd love to see some others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hyperman
Jr. Mods
Jr. Mods

Male
Sagittarius Horse
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 pm

pared2 wrote:
Also - I can't change the title of my gallery! Someone help!
Contact Dax or Spaz(our Administrators) by PM for help changing your thread's name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://z11.invisionfree.com/TheInitiative/index.php?showforum=10
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Sun May 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks, but it started working again. Must have been a temporary bug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kat

Female
Aries Snake
Image Software : Photoshop / Animation Shop
Registration date : 2006-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 pm

I can't believe I missed this gallery! Eeek!! I'm loving these, especially the Tangerine and the creator Morlocks! Smile

pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks Kat! Your post made me look back at some of my older micros and I realized they could use an update. Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spaz
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:28 am

Nice updates. The second hair (the one I think you're crediting to me) was actually made by Anth... I just grabbed it off him

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Ronan Tyler
probation
probation

Male
Pisces Monkey
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Hey great job pared! I really like your micros. Iolante is very cool Wink I like her wings, they're awesome Smile You made them yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pared2

Male
Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks Spaz - and thanks for the clarification.

Kyle - I'm glad you like them. I didn't actually make Iolanthe's wings. I found them in the wings template post here and modified them a bit to fit the look I was going for.

Stalwart coming soon, and hopefully Elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rom
Retired Greatness
Retired Greatness

Male
Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:11 pm

yeahhhhhhhh buddy more x-students please
but I wait for this promise Stalwart since almost a week
come on my friend bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students   

Back to top Go down

Pared's Gallery - Xavier Institute students
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next